Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Big Boy Bed


My boyby (my nickname given to Brady because he is growing so fast, he's part boy and part baby), has been sleeping in his big boy bed for 2 weeks now and so far it's been a success!  If success means not a complete disaster and better than I thought it'd go.  
Up until now Brady had been sleeping in his crib in a little area in our room, but to make room for baby #2 we decided that something needed to change.  So we did the ol' switcharoo, the room that I had used as my office is now Brady's room(there are now piles of messy craft stuff in our bedroom!).  For Brady this was a big transition, new bed and a new room.  
The first night was a bit rough, Brady woke up in the early early morning startled to be alone and I spent most of the night sleeping with him on his super hard twin bed.  Since then I make sure that both his and our bedroom doors are open before I go to bed.  And this has helped immensely.  He still wakes up through the night, anywhere from 1:30-4:30am, but instead of crying he just comes into our room dragging his blanket all the way.  Then I'll take him back to his bed and lay beside him till he goes back to sleep.  Most of the nights though I cave in to his cuteness(and my laziness) and lift him up into our bed.  This week I have to work on being more consistent :)
Through the day, naps are a breeze and Brady loves going in there to play.  I love that he has his own space to go hang out in and that most of the toys are now out of the living room.  
We'll work on our consistency in the next couple weeks and prepare for the next challenge:  POTTY TRAINING!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Bman's big boy bed looks so cute! Love the Jets banner!